Building inspections ensure that construction meets local and national building codes and ordinances, zoning regulations, and contract specifications.
Progauge Home Inspections in NYC and NJ applies professional and ethical values during our accredited home inspections, building inspections, condo inspections, townhouse inspections, multi-unit inspections, and new construction inspections.
Construction and building inspectors typically do the following:
• Review plans to ensure they meet building codes, local ordinances, and zoning regulations
• Approve building plans that are satisfactory
• Monitor construction sites periodically to ensure overall compliance
• Use survey instruments, metering devices, and test equipment to perform inspections
• Inspect plumbing, electrical, and other systems to ensure that they meet code
• Verify alignment, level, and elevation of structures to ensure building compliance
• Issue violation notices and stop-work orders until building is compliant
• Keep daily logs, including photographs taken during inspection
• Provide written feedback related to the findings
Pro Gauge Home Inspections’ building inspectors check the structural quality and general safety of buildings. Some specialize further in structural steel or reinforced-concrete structures, for example.
Should you consider having an inspection on your commercial, residential or other property? Absolutely! A perfect property does not exist. To ensure you are protected, it is essential to engage an unbiased, professional property inspector to thoroughly examine your home or building for structural, electrical, or other potential issues before you purchase or remodel.
Pro Gauge Home Inspections offer you a wide variety of inspection services on both residential and commercial structures. Our reports are web-based and can be delivered to you and your agents electronically or through a variety of other methods. Click on the links below to view sample inspection reports completed by our professional field team: